Resurrection PREP Curriculum Overview
To develop an awareness of God the Creator who gives us life, sustains our life, and promises us eternal life through Jesus.
To grow in faith; learning to live as Jesus wants and preparing for the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.
To help the child appreciate his/her membership in the Catholic Church and to experience the Church as a Christian community.
To deepen the call to lead a moral life according to the teachings of the Catholic Church, especially through the Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes.
To live like Jesus by making good choices for God and others through a study of the sacramental life of the Church.
To explore the history of salvation through the Old Testament to its fulfilment in Jesus Christ as recorded in the New Testament.
Grades Seven and Eight:
To help adolescents:
- Grow in a personal relationship with Jesus by encountering Him in the Gospels.
- Develop a sense of discipleship through service to others.
- Discern their call to a lifelong vocation through sacramental participation.
- Develop skills for moral decision making.
- Appreciate the gift of human sexuality and the responsibility to act as God intended.
- Become more aware of and responsive to God’s presence through prayer.